Since the last election, the Council of Ministers has been divided and lacked leadership. It has adopted a defensive mentality and lost public confidence. We need new States members who have the experience to be effective, build consensus , and work with the public not against them.
- The States administration is dysfunctional . The departmental silos remain intact and the Civil Service is top heavy with layers of management and bureaucracy. Public sector transformation must be allowed to work while protecting services and democracy.
- The cuts are hitting the wrong people. The States have imposed stealth taxes to disguise the inadequacy of our tax base. No more charges should be introduced and budget cuts to front line services should be halted, until the States house is in order.
- We need reform of our tax system for greater equity and fairness including taxing the profits of non locally owned service businesses, not just retail.
- We need to modernise State Pensions.
- We need to control our population growth to reduce the demand for public services and need for investment in infrastructure.
- We need to establish Urban Improvement Areas to regenerate the back streets of town and reclaim the residential streets from traffic.
- We need to halt “town cramming “which damages the quality of life for town residents
- We need to conserve the quality of life in Jersey and ensure a sustainable long term future.
- We need to improve inter-island cooperation in all sectors to protect our economy post Brexit.
For policy detail , please refer to http://www.johnhyoung.com/my-policies/ .
Please phone or email me a question. I will do my best to reply