About John Young
- I was born in London and have lived in Jersey for 37 years
- I am 69, married to Jean, have two adult children; a son who is a secondary school teacher, and a daughter who is a qualified solicitor. I have two adult step-daughters and four grandchildren under seven.
- I am a qualified (FCPFA) accountant, Open University Degree majoring in Science , a Diploma in Financial Services Compliance, and Certificate in Management Studies
- I enjoy sailing and keep a (small) boat in St Aubin’s harbour. I like pottering about the local waters.
- I have been a regular motor cyclist for the past 50 years, a keen cyclist for many years and love walking our coastal paths. .
- I enjoy any kind of music; have attended Glastonbury festival four times in recent years , BBC proms and many concerts.
- I love wild open spaces, the Island’s natural beauty and our countryside, the country lanes and rich heritage of buildings & fortifications.
- I read historical novels and an interest in antiquarian books
- I enjoy gadgets such as my raspberry pi computer